Feel free to take a virtual tour of the EAER, which employs around 2,300 people.
The EAER is where the federal government’s expertise on economic affairs and trade policy is concentrated. You can follow our strategy for employment, growth and prosperity in Switzerland and for securing sustainable development. Furthermore, the EAER combines education, research and innovation – three areas that are crucial for our society and for Switzerland’s economic performance.
Explore the offices of the EAER:
- State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO)
- State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI)
- Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG)
- Federal Office for National Economic Supply (FONES)
- Federal Office for Housing (FOH) (in German)
- Federal Office for Civilian Service (CIVI) (in German)
Explore the agencies of the EAER:
- Price supervision (PRS) (in German)
- Competition Commission (COMCO)
- Federal Consumer Affairs Bureau (FCAB) (in German)
- Innosuisse - Swiss Innovation Agency
- ETH Board
- Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (SFIVET)
You can browse through the dossiers on growth policy and agriculture – or learn about education, research and innovation policy, our measures to tackle youth unemployment, reducing technical barriers to trade, or our foreign economic policy instruments for tapping into world markets.
The website offers valuable information about my work in the Federal Council and within the EAER. There are also speeches and interviews I’ve given. If you would like to learn more about the Federal Council, please take a tour on this page.
Thank you for your interest in Swiss politics and your commitment to Switzerland!
President of the Swiss Confederation
Head of the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research
Last modification 06.01.2021