The General Secretariat is the staff and coordination office of the department and
- supports and advises the head of department in his daily work,
- is responsible for planning and monitoring items of business,
- monitors results and impacts of the measures taken,
- is responsible for overall coordination of departmental business,
- provides services for the whole department in terms of resources (HR, finance and logistics, IT, controlling and translations) and
- acts as IT service provider to the department through its Information Service Center (ISCeco).
The Federal Consumer Affairs Bureau is affiliated to the General Secretariat. Its task is to act in the consumer’s general interest while finding a balance between the collective interests of consumers and the interests of the economy as a whole. To ensure that consumers are heard and to strengthen their position, the Bureau seeks to encourage objective information.
Last modification 29.03.2019